The HAMMERFIST! An effective, versatile, and safe strike to learn and a great tool to have to be able to defend yourself.
Here are 7 important steps to throwing a forward hammerfist:
1. Use your feet and legs to drive your weight forward
2. Rotate your body. (Feet, legs, hips and shoulders)
3. Bring your arm up to the side of your head like you are going to throw a football. Elbow out, but hand close to your face.
4. Snap hand forward, like you are throwing a that ball again, but make a tight fist on impact and strike with the pinky side of your hand.
5. Once you reach full extension and/or hit your target, Snap hand back like you hit a trampoline to recoil.
6. Finish in the same place you started, a balanced fighting stance ready to strike again or defend if necessary.
7. Think of your body like a whip. Loose and then ready to SNAP/STRONG on impact!
Get safe. Get fit.
#kravmaga #selfdefense #SAFE